Sunday, June 20, 2010

The 3 F's of Being Gay.

Fitness, Fashion, and Fun. (Whether or not it's moral, legal, or appropriate is up to the individual).

My last few posts have been, lets say drab, so I figured it was time to talk about something more fun, lighthearted, and yet still close to my heart! Suffice it to say, that while I write this, California Gurls is playing in the background, because what song is more appropriate for....most of those things? If you like you could even replace those F's with Fine, Fresh, Fierce. I swear Katy Perry could be a faghag extraordinaire if she felt the need.Now I'll admit that i have little to no real say in things fitness or fashion, but damn it, I know others who do!

Recently, as in the past few days, I've renewed my vigor towards getting into shape because as we all know the sad reality is that being in shape and having some sort of bod is simply make or break for so many people. This of course goes for all people gay, straight, transgendered, questioning.  Now my own experiences with working out is similar to an epic battle of good versus evil, where both sides consider fight but no one wins. I'll work out for a while before ultimately falling to the forces of laziness. However, this time I am making the push for a win! I'm still sore but my ability to work out is getting better and stronger, I was actually able to "run" almost a mile and a half within a 20 minute span. In the fall I will be joined by the undeniable force that is mxrosie, who is a machine in a gym. With her constantly pushing the both of us, I have high hopes that by the end of my sophomore year, I shall have the college bod that I'll be able to remember fondly when I'm old and unable to retain it.

In the field of fashion I personally have no stake, nor do I even have the remote ability to put together a "hot" outfit, nor do I have any ideas as to the rules that comes with it. I am surrounded by people who are gifted at that, and to them I say bravo. Many would think that fashion is superficial or something that a waste of time and money, but even if I can't do it, I can see the merits of being able to. Not only can you be fine, fierce, fresh, but with it comes a mindset, and an attitude that is simply beneficial to one's life both personal and professional. Being confident, sexy, and whatever attribute you want can come together and be shown off by own's outfit, and I have been around this long enough to see for myself. Perhaps one day I too will be infected by the fashion bug, here's crossing my fingers, but until then I'll simply lean on others to do it for me! Of course there is a fine line between being fashionable, and a condescending arrogant person, but it's a clearly drawn line that's easy to see and avoid. In the words of Vinh | Vuitton, "Fashion is a lifestyle, not about this season's 'it' item".

Fun, in any shape or form is always something that I'll hold dear to me, whether or not it causes me to balloon up like perhaps, a rectangle. Of course these days everyone thinks that having fun requires a gallon of liquor, and sometimes it does, but there are other things you can do. I myself like going out dancing at clubs, when i can drag my friends out to go with me anyway. Hell, in a place like Austin you have to learn to like to do somethings outdoors, like boat parties, kayaking and even hiking once or twice. And if those things don't sound particularly fun...always keep in mind that attractive people like to do outdoorsy things to keep in shape and to maintain their tan skin.

Regardless, today is Father's Day, so I hope everyone is out spending time with their dads, and if they are no longer here, celebrating in their spirit. Have a good day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment