Monday, June 7, 2010

Pride Weekend otherwise known as Failure to Launch

This weekend was Pride in Austin, a veritable assortment of queers and queens, and as such was rowdy, drunk, and slutty. This year was actually the first year I even knew we had a Pride, as you may have guessed i live under a rock. I had originally taken off to go to the big pride parade, but as per usual that fell flat on it's face. Everyone i knew was either working or had previous plans, and everyone judges the fag that goes stag hag!

So in usual style and flair of my weekends...I stayed at home unless something came up on it's own. With luck, my fellow gaysian was going to a concert and had an extra ticket so I tagged along. We went to go see Greg Laswell, who sings quite depressing songs (which fits in perfectly with my bitter single life), he was quite charming and upbeat in person. Of course, I was distracted by the drunk housewives of Austin, Texas behind me, one of which accidentally grabbed my ass. Did i mention the ever lovely Texas heat, creating a hell-like environment, where the smell of musk reigns supreme? After the concert, which was overall great, we decided to run over to Kiss n Fly, the local gay club, to see how Pride was doing still.

Well as it turns out the summer heat brings out the inner slut in us all. Not to say that as a negative thing...I saw more abs then I could possibly feel up in a single night! Of course pride also meant that there were a lot of familiar faces....A lot, a lot, a lot...some were friends(ish..), some were classmates, some were STD ridden sluts of campus...and some were guys from grindr that I pretended to not notice.

Sadly, as the title suggested, things didn't go smoothly, seeing as we never got in, the line was ridiculously long, and the bouncer friend of my fellow gaysian was unable to just let us in. We left, defeated, walking to the thumping beat of the block party across the street, where all the gays were getting drunk and horny.

Of course, that was just Saturday night, and Sunday ended in typical fashion with only a few twists. For a friend's birthday they had gone to Karaoke, the breeding hole of all Asians. It's always the same recipe. Throw a bunch of Asians into a small room, Get sweaty from body heat and lack of any real A/C so the smell of musk is everywhere, Throw in beer and some hard liquor, and end the night drunkenly and shamelessly singing Lady Gaga posse style. During this party a friend had won a thousand dollars, i had kissed my fellow gaysian, and a friend had turned out to be a surprisingly emotional drunk. However, a night is never completed until you go out to eat at a Denny's, with some familiar faces, to talk about grand ol' times...and the immensely disgusting nature of "The Human Centipede".

No comments:

Post a Comment